blow away mental fog and boost physical energy
and take your healthy eating next level - restorative nutrition
with food made with my good foods mantra - purity, density and diversity
Chlorella is a tiny, single-celled water-grown algae filled with chlorophyll. It is an excellent source of essential fatty acids and protein, carbohydrates, all of the B vitamins, folate, vitamin C and E, iron and rare trace minerals like zinc. Chlorella is nearly a complete food and contains more B12 vitamin than liver. Its name is taken from the Greek, “chloros” meaning green and “ella” meaning small. Chlorella contains more chlorophyll per gram than any other plant. And of all the green algae studied so far, chlorella has the highest, often ranging from 3 to 5% pure natural chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is one of the greatest food substances for cleansing the bowel and other elimination systems, such as the liver and the blood. The Japanese frequently take it by adding it to tea, soup, milk, juice, noodles, yogurt, and other foods.
Chlorella is an immune booster. It is also known for its ability to reduce cholesterol, lowering the chance of heart attack and stroke.
Chlorella has been used for a wide variety of benefits.
- a powerful detoxification aid for removing heavy metals (mercury, cadmium, lead, etc.) and other pesticides from the body. Depending on how much chlorella a person is taking will take 3 to 6 months to build up enough to begin the detoxification of heavy metals and other chemical toxins from the blood.
- cleansing action on the bowel and other elimination channels helps keep the blood clean. Clean blood insures that metabolic wastes are efficiently carried away from the tissues.
- eliminate chronic bad breath and body odor in just a few days. Foul smelling stools are also greatly improved.
- relieve constipation
- stimulate the production of red blood cells in the body to counter anemia.
- carry oxygen around the body and to the brain. This is why chlorella is often called a “Brain Food”.
- help fight cancer (causes apoptosis in liver cancer cells)
- alkalise the body. Chlorella is alkaline and helps balance the body’s pH. It’s important that we maintain a balance body pH of ideally about 7.2-7.4, which is about neutral. A diet consisting of acidic food (junk food, processed food and soft drink) which have a pH of 2.7 is where most diseases start. Generally bacteria and viruses do not live well in an alkaline environment.
- normalise blood sugar and blood pressure
- protect the body against ultraviolet radiation
- boost the immune system
- help in the proper digestion of food
- energize the body
- increased cellular regeneration, which can slow the aging process
- make bone and blood vessels stronger
- reduce hypertension
- ease fibromyalgia
It’s cleansing and rejuvenating properties are considered to fight aging, Alzheimer’s, sciatica, palsy, seizures, multiple sclerosis, and general nervous system issues.
A 1989 study by the Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences demonstrated that Chlorella effectively increases production of bone marrow and spleen stem cells. And in tests, Chlorella greatly helped improve survival rates among mice irradiated with a lethal dose of radioactive gamma rays.
Data from a page formerly available at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2688154
Stem cells are biological cells found in all multicellular organisms, that can divide and differentiate into diverse specialized cell types and can self-renew to produce more stem cells. In mammals, there are two broad types of stem cells: embryonic stem cells and adult stem cells, which are found in various tissues. In adult organisms, stem cells act as a repair system for the body, replenishing adult tissues.
Data from a page formerly available at: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stem_cell
Chlorella is normally used as an ingredient in the following Healthelicious products:
- nutrition booster bar
- peak performance bar
- eXtreme nutrition bar
- bug out bar
- low FODMAPs bar
- NutiBlast vegan bar
- vegan bar
- NutiBlast vegan bar
- NutriBlast® greens+ nutrition powder
- NutriBlast® greens+ vegan nutrition powder
- NutriBlast® detox blend
- NutriBlast® DigestEasy® blend
- NutriBlast® immune blend
- NutriBlast® memory blend
- NutriBlast® mother’s blend
- NutriBlast® weight loss blend